- Don't know how
- Too busy
- Have given up. "It doesn't do any good" (we think) "God doesn't answer."
- It is a command of God.
- It is an honor & privilege.
- Regular, planned occasions.
- Short spontaneous prayers. (example Nehemiah's prayer in Neh. chapters 1 &2, esp. 2:4)
- In times of trial and temptation.
WHEN WE DON'T PRAY:
- We show ingratitude.
All these things we take for granted are gifts (we are not owed them) and we ignore the Giver when we do not pray.
Luke 17:15-18 (Jesus healed 10 lepers, but only one, a Samaritan, returned to thank Him.)
- We show a lack of concern about others.
WE NEED PRAYER:
None of us is so powerful and self-sufficient that we can get through this life without God. We desperately need God.
Paul needed to pray (Eph 1:16)
Jesus needed to pray, and we as His disciples are not above Him (Matt. 10:24)
This is not a light issue.
This is a major issue.
We cannot dismiss this.